Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Living in harmony with your environment creates health and strength

Jackfruit straight from the tree is a common treat here
Kerala is indeed a unique place, not only because of its coconut trees, banana trees and diversity of plants and herbs - but because I have seen here a people who are tuned into their environment.
The adaptation that takes place over many generations is clearly seen in virtually anyone you see, they are natural, graceful and exude a confidence that can only come from being perfectly at home in your environment - they belong here, and their bodies know it.
Our body has a code that is brought down from generations of genetic programming that dictates the particular climate, sun intensity, rainfall, temperature that it is most at home in. Its internal sensors determine whether your environment and your body is in tune, any mismatch in the internal and external codes creates stress.
The diet here is high in coconuts and rice, both grow here easily, virtually all the food has coconuts and rice included, the hot weather mean that the skin colour is dark, virtually everyone, young or old, is slim, stands tall and walks straight.
It is only those people who have desk jobs who have started to exhibit the classic signs of aging that we now see in the west so often.
3 generations of one family
Away from the pollution, mass food production, chemical fertilisers and high stress city living, the beautiful people of Kerala have shown me that it is not just possible - but essential to live in tune with my environment.
This does present me with a problem in England, as my body has Indian roots and craves for sunshine in the winter, for heat and vegan foods, so I now need to find ways to adapt my environment and foods to suit my body, it is the least I can do to to put into practice what I have learned here in Kerala.

1 comment:

  1. I think this sounds like such a lovely spot with wonderful people! xxx

    ReplyDelete